My blog is only two weeks old, so imagine my surprise when my decorator friend Lisa from Lisa Goulet Design awarded me 'Stylish Blogger Award'. What a thrill Lisa...THANK YOU!1. thank, and link back to the person who awarded you
2. share 7 things about yourself
3. pay the award forward to 10 great bloggers
4. contact those 10 bloggers and inform them that they have received the award
Upon receiving this award, the rules are to:
HERE ARE 7 THINGS ABOUT ME:
1. I am a wife, a mother of 3 daughters in their 20s, a daughter, a sister,
my babies...eldest daughter in middle became engaged on this day, Dec 26 2010
2. I used to make most of my own clothes when I was in school and then some of my daughters' clothes when they were little. Now, I make decorative pillows with eclectic fabrics and buttons...just because.
jackets I made for my girls with hand blanket stitching
my lastest pillow collection....always feather filled
3. Being a stay at home mommy was my JOB for 19yrs... the most gratifying years of my life to date. There is only one thing I know for sure about myself ....I was the best mother my daughters could have had.
4. 26 years ago, before I had children, I was a graphic artist. I migrated to and then studied Residential Decor partime for 5 1/2 years when my youngest daughter was 13. I was also working part time at a home decor store. Shortly after I graduated I started my own homebased decor business.
5. We had a winterized log cottage built 6 years ago, I helped design the floor plan, and designed every aspect of the interior and was on site several times a week until completion.....I LOVED EVERY SECOND OF THE PROCESS...the cottage is now our family gathering place where we host a family reunion every summer.....among other events.
WE ABSOLUTELY LOVE OUR COTTAGE!!!
some family on the cottage dock at reunion
6. One of my greatest pleasures is travelling, whether in a trailer across Canada and US which was how we did it as a family when I was growing up.....
one of several trailers in which my family toured most of North America
or by plane (I dislike flying immensely, but I do it) to Hong Kong, Spain, Italy, Aruba, Britain.....
our family trip to Britain in August 2010....the oldest
golf course in the world....St. Andrews, Scotland
7. If I can't be enjoying #6 then #7 is a close second. I like nothing better than a delicious meal accompanied by complementary wine, with good friends and or family.
my meal at Gordon Ramsay's Restaurant 'Maze' in London....to die for!.
I now have the honour of passing 'Stylish Blogger Award' onto the following blogs...which I very much enjoy reading, and I hope you will too!
All photos for the "Stylish Blogger Award" post were taken by Maureen Coates